Police Service Aides (PSA’s) are part-time student employees of the police department. PSA’s performs a variety of duties which do not require the authority of a sworn officer.
PSA’s may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
- Lock and unlock university facilities
- Provide SAFEwalk escorts
- Pick up or drop off property at various locations
- Enforce parking regulations
- Provide motorist assistance (jump starts, etc.)
- Provide extra eyes and ears for police officers
- Assist with the testing of campus emergency systems
- Other duties as assigned
The PSA position is an excellent first step for young men and women who are interested in a career in law enforcement. Many OU PSA’s have moved on to successful careers with local, state and federal agencies.
If you are interested in a job as a PSA, please visit career opportunities.